My customers sometimes ask for a quick refresher course on how to wash their Norwex cloths!
Yep! You DO wash them. They are cleaning cloths. They NEED to be laundered!
Yes siree! You DO launder them in your washing machine and dry them in your dryer!
And yes, there are three EASY rules I want you to follow to optimize your cloths’ performance over the years!
- Do NOT use bleach.
Bleach degrads the microfiber (and voids your warranty), plus, as you’ve learned from my blog, it’s just not good for you or our Earth.
- Do NOT use fabric softener or dryer sheets when washing microfiber. The oils in such products decrease the microfiber’s cleaning ability, and may leave residue on future surfaces. Again, I’m hopeful that after checking in on my blog here, you’re reconsidering your need for fabric softener and dryer sheets anyway! 🙂
- Machine wash Norwex microfiber with lint-free laundry (i.e. cotton sheets)- you want the cloths to continue to leave your windows, mirrors and other surfaces lint-free for many years to come! I personally love washing them with cotton bed sheets because we should always wash our sheets in HOT water anyway, and the hot water is also great for cleansing our cloths.
So there you have it: your 3 Norwex washing rules to follow. Pretty simple, right?
Here are a few more hints for you, as well:
- Our Norwex Rubber Brush is excellent for removing debris from the mop pads & dusting mitt after use and between washings.
- Make sure your laundry detergent doesn’t have bleach or fabric softener additives when cleaning your microfiber. A laundry detergent without fillers and environmentally-friendly, like our Norwex Ultra Power Plus Laundry Detergent, works extremely well, leaving less build-up in the microfiber.
- Personally, I love what we have fondly dubbed the “Norwex Deep Clean“. It is to boil a pot of water, and REMOVE it from heat. Then add one teaspoon of Norwex Ultra-Power Plus Laundry detergent to dissolve in the hot water. Now place your Enviro cloths, Body Cloths, etc in this hot water, and let it set 2-3 hours. Then rinse out well and launder as usual. You may be shocked by how much dirt is released into this water.
- If you have hard water, your cloths may develop a mineral build-up. If this occurs, soak your cloths in vinegar for a few minutes and boil for 10min. You may also add white vinegar to your rinse cycle- it has amazing freshening, softening capabilities!
- Do not Microwave the cloths. Should boiling be necessary, please boil in water in a kettle on the stove top and watch closely. I recommend removing from heat before adding cloths to kettle.
- I think this one goes without saying… but….Do Not Iron
- With proper care of your Norwex cloths, they will likely last beyond the 2- year warranty! Which means these humble little cloths are going to save you a lot of $$$, and save your home from a LOT of toxic cleaners!! It just doesn’t doesn’t get much better than cleaning with just water!
So there you have it! You literally “Just Add Water” to these cloths.
Microfiber is the new wave in green cleaning, and Norwex microfiber is the Mercedes of microfiber! Norwex offers QUALITY, PERFORMANCE and SERVICE combined. If you are trying to find a Norwex consultant, I look forward to connecting with you. Call me with any questions! 605 – 271 1814