Norwex Spring Cleaning Checklist & Tips!
I love this time of year when the air is fresh, flowers in bloom and sunshine is warm! It also means Spring Cleaning time!
CLICK HERE for a Norwex Spring Cleaning Checklist to help you NAIL Spring Cleaning this year!
Lists always help me be more productive, plus there’s just something therapeutic about checking things off! There’s nothing like the feeling of that thoroughly cleaned home! Spring cleaning is also the perfect time to declutter and simplify! If you come across things that you haven’t used for a while, consider if they should be put into the DONATE pile, a pile to SELL on Facebook Marketplace or the TRASH pile.
Norwex Shopping List!
- EnviroCloth (Your “Everything Cloth”)
- Window Cloth (Leaves everything sparkling and streak-free)
- Dusting Mitt (Reusable and SO quick to use- just put it on your hand & dust)
- Cleaning Paste (This is for the jobs that require a bit more “elbow grease”)
- Spirisponges (Work excellent with Cleaning Paste, as well as for washing dishes)
- Stainless Steel Cloth (for stainless appliances)
- Norwex Mop System (If you have any hard flooring, this will soon be your best friend!)
- Rubber Brush (for cleaning mop pads between uses and fabulous for cleaning pet hair off couches, pet beds, etc)
- BacLock™ Toilet Brush
- Bathroom Cleaner (To use for toilet cleaning and diluted for shower/ tub cleaning)
- Bathroom Scrub Mitt
- EnviroWand (For the tough to reach places- ceiling fans, base boards, blinds, etc)
- Odor Eliminator (To dilute as a freshening room spray)
- Mattress Cleaner (for upholstery, mattresses, pillows, pet beds)
- Norwex BacLock Pillowcases
- Carpet Stain Remover (if you have carpet stain or wish to use your carpet cleaner)
- Clean windows (inside and out) with a damp EnviroCloth (rinse out in a bucket of water as needed)
- DRY the window to a streak-free shine with a DRY Window Cloth.
- Clean Window Screens & Window Sills with damp Dusting Mitt
- (Did I mention that you’ll be primarily cleaning with JUST WATER?)
- Wipe down counters, sink and faucets with the EnviroCloth.
- Empty drawers, cabinets & pantry and wipe down well with EnviroCloth
- Put back ONLY the things you want to keep! Discard expired food & spices.
- Clean oven with Norwex Oven & Grill Cleaner & a wet Spirinett or Spirisponge.
- Clean stovetop with Cleaning Paste and Spirisponge or EnviroCloth
- Clean Microwave with EnviroCloth and Window Cloth
- Clean Stainless Steel Appliances with Norwex Stainless Steel Cloth
- De-scale coffee pot and tea pot with Descaler
- Mop Floor (dry mop to sweep followed by wet mop to clean)
- Clean baseboards with Envirowand (lightly spritzed with water)
- Run the dishwasher with the Norwex Dishwasher Detergent and Rinse Aid
- Empty trash and wash trash can
- Wipe down counters, sink and faucet with damp EnviroCloth
- Clean mirrors & light fixtures with EnviroCloth and Window Cloth
- Clean toilet with BacLock Toilet Brush and Bathroom Cleaner
- If a toilet ring, use a pumice stone with Descaler to remove ring
- Spray toilet area with Mattress Cleaner and let set for 10 minutes before wiping down toilet area with EnviroCloth
- Wipe down shower and tub with Bathroom Scrub Mitt (and diluted Bathroom Cleaner, if needed) Descale shower head with Descaler, if needed.
- Launder shower curtain, rugs and bath mats.
- Mop floor
- Clean grout with diluted Norwex Laundry Detergent & grout brush and RE-SEAL grout
- Strip bedding and wash sheets in hot water with Norwex Laundry Detergent and Dryer Balls
- Wash blankets and comforter
- While bedding is removed, spray down mattresses and pillows with Mattress Cleaner (not recommended for foam mattresses)
- Flip mattress if applicable
- Clean under the bed (clear the space if possible)
- Dust ceiling fans, base boards, dressers, decorations, air vents and light fixtures with Norwex Envirowand, lightly spritzed with water
- Dust/ Clean window treatments
- Put Norwex BacLock Pillowcases on your pillows
- Clean out clothing drawers and closets and donate clothing no longer in use
- Wash pet bed cover. Spray pet bed with Mattress Cleaner
- Wash water and food bowls thoroughly
- Spray any stuffed toys with Mattress Cleaner and let set 4 hours to dry
- Thoroughly wash litter box
- Remove EVERYTHING from the top of your desk
- Go through each item determining if it earns a place on your desk, needs to be filed or trashed
- Organize files- discard expired, unnecessary items
- Dust printer, computer, shelves with the Norwex Dusting Mitt
- Mop floor
- Check on insurance policies to be sure they are up-to-date
- Wash entry mat
- Organize shoes and coat area
- Dust shelving
- Donate items you no longer need
- Store winter items away
Play Room/ Game Room
- Wipe down all toys with damp EnviroCloth
- Organize toys
- Dust shelving, light fixtures, floor boards
- Sort and donate items you no longer need (DVDs, board games, magazines, books)
- Wipe out inside of washer and dryer with EnviroCloth.
- Dust everything with Dusting Mitt.
- Clean lint trap area with Envirowand
- Clean behind washer and dryer with EnviroCloth or Mop System
- Make sure you have a set of Norwex Dryer Balls in your dryer so you don’t need to buy potentially TOXIC fabric softener or dryer sheets any more!
- Check if you need to restock on Norwex Laundry Detergent, Reorder if needed.
- While we’re here, give your Norwex Cloths a Deep Clean with the Norwex Microfiber Cleaner and Laundry Booster (1 scoop in a sink full of hot water)
Other important tasks
- Vacuum all carpeted rooms thoroughly
- Clean baseboards throughout home
- Clean front door; if wood, protect with appropriate oil
- Test Smoke Detectors and Replace Batteries
- Change furnace filters
- Consider hiring duct work cleaned
- Wipe down all door handles, knobs, light switches, phones and remotes.
- Clean house gutters
- Power-wash siding
- Weed flower beds and apply fresh mulch, if needed
- Sweep front step
- Organize closets
- Sweep and organize garage, wash garage windows, clean out cobwebs
I hope this Norwex Spring Cleaning Checklist is helpful!! Be sure to take lots of Before & After photos to share your Norwex cleaning experience in my Norwex VIP Customer Group (open to my customers and hosts- always packed full of fun tips, tricks and FUN!)!! If you’d like to have me share Norwex with your peeps (and earn a lot of free Norwex in the process), call me to book a home or online demo! If you’re ready to jump into the Norwex mission by becoming a Norwex consultant yourself, text me at 319-270-7822 and I’m thrilled to help you get going! This is an amazing time of year to get started!
Leave a Reply